Roasted Asparagus with Roasted Strawberry-Balsamic Pink Vinaigrette
- 1/2 bunch (+/-) asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 medium hulled strawberries (about 1+ c.)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. brown sugar
- Place baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 375.
- In a shallow bowl toss and rub asparagus with olive oil, until well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season. Spread, single layer onto the hot baking sheet, leaving one side of the sheet empty.
- Add the strawberries to the bowl with olive oil– adding a drizzle more oil if needed. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to season. Place the strawberries alongside the asparagus on the baking sheet. Continue to roast until the asparagus is just tender and the strawberries are soft and weeping their juices– about 10-15 min.
- Set bowl with bit of remaining olive oil aside.
- Place the asparagus on serving dish and keep warm. Scrape the strawberries and pan juices back into the prep bowl. Mash the strawberries with a fork or (mini food processor) until smooth. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, and salt and pepper to your taste. For thinner consistency, add a few drops of water.
- Drizzle the dressing over the asparagus and serve warm.