Potato Wedge and Asparagus Salad
This is delicious warm or cold. The added hint of horseradish, makes it a perfect side dish with a slice of ham or beef.
- 2 c. small fingerlings cut in half lengthwise or new potatoes cut into small wedges
- 2 c. trimmed asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1– 1½ tsp. horseradish sauce (your taste)
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Steam the potatoes until just fork tender, about 5 minutes– but will depend on the size of your wedges. Remove from steam basket and set aside in a strainer.
- Put asparagus into the steamer and cook the same way, until just tender then drain.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar,
- horseradish and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine potatoes and asparagus,
- then gently toss in the dressing.
- Serve warm right away or refrigerate to serve cold later. Yum!